Table of Contents - Islam 101
Authored by Gregory M. Davis, this short course - Islam 101 - is meant to help people become better educated about the fundamentals of Islam and to help the more knowledgeable better convey the facts to others.
To even begin to have a discussion about Islamic terrorism, we should have at least a basic understanding of Islam itself.
You can view the complete movie online: Watch online
- The Basics
- Jihad and Dhimmitude
- What does "jihad" mean?
- Muslim Scholar Hasan Al-Banna on jihad
- Dar al-Islam and dar al-harb: the House of Islam and the House of War
- Jihad Through History
- The Dhimma
- Jihad in the Modern Era
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What about the Crusades?
- If Islam is violent, why are so many Muslims peaceful?
- What about the violent passages in the Bible?
- Could an Islamic "Reformation" pacify Islam?
- What about the history of Western colonialism in the Islamic world?
- How can a violent political ideology be the second-largest and fastest-growing religion on earth?
- Is it fair to paint all Islamic schools of thought as violent?
- What about the great achievements of Islamic civilization through history?
- Glossary of Terms